Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Favorite: Cheap Decorations!







I wanted to do something festive and meaningful for Thanksgiving, so I created a Thanksgiving banner to hang over our table. It lists all that our family is thankful for this year. Best of all, this little bit of decor didn't cost me a thing. I used left over scrap paper from last year's Christmas cards to make the banner. I also added some flair with bits of nature that Zeke and I have picked up during our walks in the park. I didn't realize decorating on a budget could be so fun.
Although my motivation for making the banner was a mix of wanting to create a meaningful family tradition and wanting to have a cute holiday home, what we have discovered is that displaying our thanksgivings has really made a strong impact on our attitudes. In the midst of stress about jobs, school and finances, all of the worry has been overshadowed by those many things listed on our banner. We have so much to be grateful for this year and it is great to have a constant reminder of that.






1 comment:

  1. I love it! It would be fun to make one out of fabric and add on to it year after year. BTW, I couldn't make out the words on the thankful banner, just lookin' for my name...

    ReplyDelete