Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Eureka!

This past weekend was kind of rough. Just a little physically and emotionally exhausting. On Saturday night I was feeling sad and tired and all I wanted for dinner was a cupcake. I, instead, made two dozen cupcakes for breakfast on Sunday morning. The boxed kind...with canned icing...and, you know, partially hydrogenated oil listed as the second ingredient. This may explain why Zeke looked like this by Sunday afternoon...

Anyway, thank goodness for a new week. On Monday I was feeling better and even a little holiday-ish, so I decided to try out a new stuffing recipe to have with dinner. I have been responsible for bringing stuffing (dressing? what is the correct term?) to the Thanksgiving table the past two years. I have gone with the traditional Wallace stuffing recipe, which is delicious and a favorite, but this year I wanted to try something new. I found it! I used the prepackaged corn bread stuffing from Trader Joe's as a base, just to make things a bit easier. It was delicious and I am excited to have it again next week at our Thanksgiving dinner. And, by the way, I am happy to report that Zeker has gone through sugar detox and is looking like a new man.


4 comments:

  1. Handsome guy :)
    I like the cupcake-crusted mouth. He is his mother's son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like a man!!
    Love O's shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zeke will always remember his fun mom making cupcakes for breakfast.
    We do what we have to do to survive...and he will survive!
    I love those 2 so much!

    ReplyDelete