Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Super STAR

Today our little guy was named one of Monroe Elementary School's STAR students. Over the past month he has been very determined to get this award and this morning he woke up feeling confident - "Mom, I know I'm going to get star student."
 
Oh, buddy, I love how you work so hard to get what you want.
 
 
  Students! Thinking! (and) Acting! Responsibly!
 
 
He was so very proud of his accomplishment. And we were, too.
 
 
Considering the chaos that has become a part of our daily routine, it is incredible that this child can remain so focused for 6 hours of every day. It gives me hope because maybe it means we have done something right with this kid.
 
Not feeling as confident about the other two.
 


She will only call us by our first names and, at 3 1/2, refuses to sleep through the night.
He went for a joy ride in the grocery cart at Sprouts last week. If it weren't for the elderly man who was repeatedly honking his horn to get my attention, I wouldn't have noticed my nine month old speeding swiftly away from me and through the parking lot at a steady pace.
 

 
Oh buddy, I am so sorry. It's not your fault that with every child I birth a little part of my brain dies.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment