Monday, November 11, 2013

We heart Halloween

I really love Halloween. And not because I am into spooky stuff (my sister - who insists I had a brief Goth phase - would beg to differ), but because I love dressing up and I love to play pretend. (But I don't love to play pretend when it comes to Baby Pet Store. Please no more Baby Pet Store.) I also really enjoy making costumes for our kids. This year our two oldest went a little out of the box with their costumes. And it was so fun!
 

Flamingo Fairy & Headless Boy. What a pair.



  
Unfortunately, our little elephant was not into his costume. 



He refused to leave the ears on, so he went as a cute baby in a grey velvet sweat suit.
 

 
Jeff and I went as two of our favorite people. Any guesses?
 



 We did not anticipate the amount of attention Headless Boy would attract. It was a little much. Next year he's planning on something a bit more low key.
 

Despite the crowds, we were still able to spend time with some of our favorite Monrovians.






And our favorite Ne Ne.


When we got home, Smilas decided to make the night even more memorable by taking his first steps. At nine months!


 
Silas - you are supposed to be our easy child. Put your ears back on and sit down. We are not ready for this.


1 comment: