Sunday, September 12, 2010

Something for my girl

I love to sew, especially clothing, but I have put off making anything for Olive because she has SO many clothes. It seems like it would be a waste. However, last week I was inspired to make a little something for her to wear to the Wallace Family reunion. I used the Wallace plaid stored in my fabric box--I had been saving it for something special. This was definitely special. Her first homemade dress and finished just in time to wear to the reunion. I know she's mostly Dutch, but we can't let her forget her Scottish heritage. Pro Libertate!

We had lots of family in town including my Great Aunt Mary.

And Great Aunt Faith (who calls Olive "O Joy" - cute, huh?).

I enjoy every moment spent with these women. I love hearing their stories and remembering our family heritage. I am so glad my kids have the chance to know them and love them, too.

1 comment:

  1. Tiff, I never knew you had such great sewing skills! That dress is too cute!

    ReplyDelete