Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mom of the Year

I've started to question my competency when it comes to parenting. It seems to me that they should have some sort of test that must be passed before two people are allowed to procreate. Let me just say that things have felt a little out of control around here this week. Allow me to list a few examples:
  • I've started using donuts to wean my child.
  • Yesterday I tried to feed my son the world's most disgusting pancakes (I learned the hard way that mixing up the measurements for salt and sugar will, believe it or not, result in something inedible--no matter how much syrup is on it).
  • Tonight Zeke's teeth were brushed with acne medication.
  • Our house is just a few more accidents away from smelling like a men's restroom since I cannot manage to get a diaper on my two year old (even though I have about 125 pounds on the kid).
I know there are moments when Zeke looks at me and thinks, "Why can't she just get her act together?" I guess I am teaching him not to expect perfection. I think his wife will thank me one day.

1 comment: