Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sew Fun


My mom and sisters recently offered to throw me a shower for Westra Baby 2, but since there is really nothing we need, I suggested a fun day together instead. We spent the day eating (homemade quiche and apple fritters for breakfast, Chick-fil-A for lunch, sushi for dinner) and sewing. It was a perfect day. I made a Mama Bag (pattern found in Amanda Soule's book, Handmade Home), Courtney and my mom made a blanket (even has our baby's name stitched on the side--I am that confident this is another boy) and Kari made a sailboat mobile (wish I had a closer picture of it--it is so beautiful). Courtney is also working on a spring banner for her mantle. (I am working on one, as well, and will post about it soon. Just need to finish it.) I had so much fun hanging out with my family, eating good food and creating fun things for this little person who will be joining our family soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment